Ah yes, WordPress. Since 2003, it has been helping business owners run content on their own websites for the world to see. WordPress is a free and open-source content management system based on PHP and MySQL. The popular web application framework is known for making it easy to select quality themes, being search engine-friendly, and giving you the option to install various plug-ins for specific functionalities. Several different people use WordPress sites that return the exact business results they want to see!
Here at Dorey Design Group, we pride ourselves in being experts at making sure WordPress sites are functioning and looking the way they ought to. Take a look at our work portfolio to see some of the awesome WordPress websites we’ve done such as VistaCP and Affiliated Media!
We’ve been getting a lot of WordPress migration-related questions such as how to put a WordPress site onto a new server or how to move a WordPress site from a test domain to a new domain. Here are the steps to do exactly that, broken down nice and simple:
- Move the contents of the httpdocs folder into a backup file.
- Upload the new site root (index.php and the contents of that root of the site) to the httpdocs folder.
- Export the .sql site from the old server via phpMyAdmin or another tool.
- Open phpMyAdmin from inside of plesk and login.
- Import the .sql database from the old server into phpMyAdmin.
- Open your wp-config file and update the passwords for the new database and paths as needed.
- Go to this link, download the tool, and follow directions.
- Run the tool and ta-da, you should be done!
Make sure you follow directions and have a backup of everything before performing a WordPress migration.
A brand spanking new WordPress site developed by the DDG team could be the perfect fit for your online solution! Contact us today to find out how we can get started!